So I've returned for a second 'things in pictures' post! I think these kind of posts are really nice to do on a Sunday, to sum up some of the things I've been up to. And it's Mother's Day too, so a very happy Mother's Day to my own amazing Mother - we've had a lovely day and evening last night, which I'll explain more about further down the post.
1. I've been trying to think up lots of new and interesting (hopefully) content for my blog! Whilst still very keen to do outfit posts and fashion, I'd love to do more lifestyle/beauty type posts, so this is what I've been trying to explore ideas for and see what other kinds of bits I can bring you to read.
2. I had a sneaky homeware haul last week. I went into the Range for a clothing rail and came away with a Reed diffuser, two candles and some pretty flowers. And no clothing rail. I do love the Range for little bits and bobs for my bedroom and you don't have to spend a fortune either.
3. I've been playing around with different eye make-up looks from my new Naked Basics palette, and realised that I'm one of those people who can achieve a fab eye make-up look when practicing, and then when it comes to going out...it just looks a real mess and I ruin it. So I thought I'd capture this look which was one I didn't make a mess of.
4. I've been working in my new PR job for 2 weeks now and I'm absolutely loving it. There are three of us who make up the team and I'm learning lots from the two ladies I work with, who are both fab. We've got a new website launching soon, so I'll post that when it's live so you can see a bit more about what I do job-wise! This was a rather epic hot chocolate I had in the office last week...literally one of the best I've had in years.
5. Seeing as the weather has picked up massively in the last few weeks and Spring is in the air, the boy and I have had a few really nice walks along the beach and river at the weekends. It's so nice to get outside after a long cold Winter and has definitely got me feeling excited for the summer.
6. On Saturday we had an amazing dinner at Hintlesham Hall which is an amazing place to go - if you're not from Suffolk, it's so worth a visit and you can stay in the hotel for a weekend or a couple of nights. The food was amazing there...I had to take a picture of my epic dessert, creme brulee and rhubard crumble!
7. Mothers Day today! I bought my Mum these pretty (and tasty) Milk Sea Salt Caramel Truffles from Charbonnel et Walker. She very kindly let me have one...but seeing as they were a heart shape, I had to get them for her. We are both addicted to anything chocolately, so it was always going to go down well.
8. I also got her this pretty bouquet of flowers from Suffolk Food Hall - where you can find everything from beautiful flowers, to food, homeware and even stop for coffee. I do love these pink roses though and it smells amazing, so hopefully these will last her a while!