I am so rubbish at talking about myself (in real life and on this blog) – but I absolutely love reading blogs with a bit of personality behind them, so I’m going to make a big effort to try and be a bit more chatty on here. 4 years of blogging and you’d think I’d be better at this!! But I thought I’d start of with a fairly easy one – I’m 26, so, 26 things about me…
1. I’m five foot tall and still wondering if I might grow any more. Watch this space.
2. I auditioned for a Harry Potter film – for the role of Luna Lovegood to be precise! Didn’t get the part, obv.
3. I was also OBSESSED with being an actress or singer when I was younger. I used to go to loads of open auditions and even auditioned for an acting agency……didn’t get that either! All quite lol-worthy now when I’m easily the quietest person in the room!
4. In 2003 I FINALLY got a little break and made it through to the last auditions for Stars In Their Eyes: Kids! (Lol) Buuuuut in typical me fashion, ducked out of the audition (I thought people might make fun of me at my new school!)
5. At University I used to go out in five inch heels all the time. Now I can barely cope with a low heel or a wedge. Serious old woman alert.
would like to, I WILL own a French Bulldog or a Boston Terrier one day. Called Monkee.
7. The very mention of ‘aniseed’ makes me feel ill, as does the smell….lets just put it down to unfortunate incident with Ouzo aged 14. (I’m looking at you Sophie and Elliot!)
8. You’ll never see me without some kind of nail varnish on, even if it’s just strengthener. If you do, something is seriously wrong.
9. I once cut my own fringe (it was atrocious) and wore a headband for about a month before plucking up the courage to go to the hairdresser, where I lied and said I’d had a dodgy haircut on holiday. I don’t think she bought it for a minute!
10. Coffee is my absolute obsession.
11. I’ve tried nearly every creative job in the book and struggled in all of them. Two two skincare brands, one magazine, one branding agency and one PR agency. I’m not sure creative is for me any more (I’ll be doing a post on this soon!)
12. I change my mind all the time and have new ‘ideas’ and obsessions regularly. I must be such an irritating person?!
13. Nights in are almost better than nights out. I love staying in and perhaps I am a secret introvert.
14. Candles are another obsession. You can never have too many right?
15. It’s taken me nearly 10 years to feel confident driving on motorways, I love my car though.
16. I love quotes and old fashioned sayings and probably trot them out to people wayyyy too much.
17. I have already mentally decorated and furnished the high ceilinged, white-walled Victorian style home that I will one day live in (with Monkee of course). And probably a pot plant.
18. British Blue’s – I’d like at least one, to keep Monkee company, and called either Celeste or Cherry. Don’t ask why.
19. Travel never really used to interest me. Now I have the longest list of European cities and places in the world that I’d love to visit. But I hate being away from home for too long, so I’m planning for lots of little trips to keep me going.
21. I believe in always being kind, and leaving someone better than you found them.
22. I cannot stand people who brag about material things and money and equate success with those things. Be gone! You do nottt impress me. Humble is best, always.
23. One day I’d love to re-train as a therapist or a counsellor. But maybe in 10 years or so – I’m only 26!
24. In person, I’m a quiet observer and don’t volunteer information very easily. Though I find this separates out the people who really take an interest from those who don’t.
25. I cannot tell my left from my right and drive everyone up the wall with this. Don’t ever take directions from me!
26. I have an unhealthy and unacceptable shopping addiction/clothes hoarding pattern…seriously, someone needs to send help. Buuut this leads perfectly on to my quiet corner of the internet, because what better way to channel my love of fashion and clothes than into this space 🙂
Shop The Post